Price for 1 person: $120 / 1 person; $80 / 2 persons; $65 / 3 persons
Total time of the tour: 8 hours
Hiking time: 5 hours
Driving time: 1 hours
Cableway: 1+1 hours
Distance 8 km
Ascent +400 m
High altitude 3,500 m
The route begins on Shymbulak resort from the Talgarskiy pass. Shymbulak ski resort is located in the Small Almaty gorge of Ili Alatau at an altitude of 2.200 m above see level, 25 kms from the city, above Medeo. It is famous for its mild climate with plenty of sunshine, persistent snow cover from November to April, and great views of the surrounding mountain peaks. The ski slopes are servised cablecar and chairlifts. With their help, from Shymbulak in just 25 minutes you can be on the Talgarskiy pass (3.163 m), which offers a beautiful view of the mountains of the Nothern Tien-Shan.
Talgarskiy pass a strongly pronounced mountain saddle, a wetershed between the Small Almaty and Left Talgar river gorges. From the pass tourist mountain routes come in the Left Talgar valley, at the Bogdanovich glacier and to the tops of the Small Almaty spur – the Nursultan (4.376 m), the Tchkalov (3.892 m), the Fizkulturnik (Athlete 4.086 m), the Karlytau (4.170 m), the Abay (4.010 m) peaks, ect.
- transportation (Almaty-mountains-Almaty),
- guide service,
- permit for visiting “Ile Alatau” National Park.
- ticket on cableway Medeo-Shymbulak-Talgarsky pass-Medeo ($10 / 1 person).
You need to take:
- a small backpack (30 liters),
- trekking poles,
- raincoat (no matter what forecast is, it is better to take it),
- camping mats for the rest,
- trekking shoes,
- lightweight sportswear.
- For hike in the high mountains of over 3,000 meters you should always take warm clothes, for other tours it depends on the weather forecast and season.
- Passport is needed during the hiking.
Phone, Viber, WhatsApp: +7-707-708-1889 (Julia)
Phone, Viber, WhatsApp: +7-705-391-7744 (Yuriy)